Thursday 8 December 2011

sites in sight


I'm ecstatic to report that I've been selected as Artist in Residence for the Sites in Sight community project in Wakefield. The Art House working with Wakefield District Housing put out a call for artists in September and I almost didn't apply due to flying off to Norway... very glad I put the late night hours in.
I'll be working in the Warwick Estate in Knottingley, in a shop leased and run by the Warwick Community Group. Our Sites in Sight project will explore the locality, looking at the place in which the community live, focusing on the theme of friendship and what that means for people of all ages on the estate. This ticks all my boxes in exploring place, space, belonging and notions around home. Had a fantastic meeting with Rebecca, Mary, Gail, Clare and others in which we began to sketch out the project. I'm feeling very positive that we will make something wonderful happen.