Friday 2 February 2018

getting my hands dirty

My day was spent volunteering at OrganicLea, a workers cooperative growing food on London's edge in the Lea Valley. There is a pleasant ache and tiredness in my body after weeding and mulching rhubarb crowns and potting on rooted blackcurrant cuttings. 

Being close to the soil, helping in simple ways, chatting to my companions while working together on a shared goal is mulch to my soul. 

Being the first to step outside after lunch I watched as a fox in beautiful condition sauntered through the grounds. At first it was accompanied by a solitary magpie but this flew gracefully into the bare trees. Walking on and partly obscured by bushes the fox leapt playfully in the grass and then disappeared from view. 

It was a rewarding day in many ways.  

 Blackcurrant Ben Nevis 

 2/2/18

 Rhubarb

  Productive space

 Structure and approaching dusk

 Greenhouses 

Gateway to Hawkwood